Friday, August 15, 2008

MOng PearL

Mong Pearl is a name of a little Cafe located a little ways walk from my house. I'll go there maybe once a week to get a great taste of Western food. It's just a neat place to have some quiet, good reading, and yummy food. One Sat. morning, my friend Sarah and I were starving and wanted to try this place out. We were thinking with our stomachs instead of our heads I think. We ended up ordering at least two or three plates each. I guess we thought this Cafe would be like all the other cafe's that serve small portions. Not so with Mong Pearl. Needless to say we were stuffed for the next week :0). I ordered an omlet.... Sarah had grilled cheese...don't think her boring for ordering this...cheese is extremely expensive in Thailand :0) Oh and I've decided that Thai people make the best fries :)) I had a craving for mashed potatoes... Sarah ordered pizza...or something like it :0) I also had a huge waffle... IT WAS A HAPPY DAY (in the words of Sarah)

2 comments:

Stéphanie said...

hey Michelle!
alright - it's been forever and I'm not sure how I ended up here.. BUT I think its really great that you're working with SIM in Thailand! I'm with SIM in Uruguay, but I'm leaving Monday, haha.
How long have you been there and what kind of ministry are you involved in? I know, I know.. "hello tons of questions". lol

Trent Boyd said...

Prayed for you today.