Monday, August 4, 2008

Farewell Pi Jam!

Sunday Afternoon I took a trip outside the city to visit another wonderful waterfall and to wish Pi Jam (a young man who has been involved at the Center for some time) farewell as he heads to Bangkok to start his career as a teacher. Unfortunately you will not be able to see the waterfall itself, because I didn't want to ruin my camera. I was totally soaked when I reached the bottom and was happy I didn't have my camera.
This waterfall is different than others I been to because there is a natural chemical on the rocks that allows you to walk up and down with no problem at all. It's a little intimidating at first, because it's fairly steep and you think you are going to just slide all the way down, but you can litterally just walk up and down the rocks with with water gushing all around you. It was really neat, and a great time to be with some students and staff.
This is us after climbing back up. Pi Jam is in the middle (you always say 'Pi' to someone who is older than you). His name is Jam but in respect you say Pi Jam...
feasting on some Thai snacks after the hike back up the waterfall.
Yui, Pi Opal, Pi Jam, and Preow
Wan and Opal After we had fun in the waterfall we also had fun walking some of the trails close by...these pictures display some sillyness. :0)
Ning, Pi Jam, Pin, Preow, Kris, and Sarah
Kris has been one of the most influential people in Pi Jam's life here at the center. He's been her student and even been in a bible study she's conducted. She's been able to share the truth of God's word with Pi Jam, but he hasn't chosen to accept it. Pray that as he starts his life in Bangkok he would remember the words Kris has shared from God's word and they would not come back void. Pray he'd come to know God's love personally. Pray also for Kris as she will be saying goodbye to a close friend. No doubt she's been burdened for his soul...pray she'd still be in contact with him and have more opportunities to share.
These are Thai pretzil snacks...no need to worry :0)
Pin is the craziest of all of us, but loads of fun
Opal and Pi Jam
So I'm not sure if this is like a buddhist meeting place/hut, but we enjoyed playing musical chairs in it :0) Pi Jam and Opal led the music...a little unfair if you ask me...they knew when they were going to end the songs. :)
Opal at the end of a song and no seat to sit in :)
Kris won the game... and Pin congratulating her.
Pin and Pi Jam
Ok...see that branch...ya Sarah met it with her head. Funny thing is I had just finished saying "I almost smacked my head on that branch" She was a good sport about it too. Pray for me as Sarah and I have really clicked but she returns to Chicago next week to finish school. Pray for her transition as well as she really does not want to leave.

No comments: