Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pizza Time!

This past Sunday I was able to get together with some students and cook pizza with them. Our unit was about countries, languages and different foods. When I told them I could cook some Italian they all wanted to make Pizza. This was really cool, because sometimes I've tried to make plans with them and they haven't been able to make it or they don't have the time. They intitiated this get together so I praised the Lord. These are my students: Jeep, Preow, and Dream Thai people are not used to baking a whole lot or using things like measuring cups. We were able to practice the different terms of cooking and make some dough from scratch. Special thanks to Becky Pennington for lending me the recipe, it worked so well. They all made their own pizza and were able to put whatever toppings on it. We had onions, green peppers, pepporoni (really expensive in Thailand), cheese (extremely expensive), sauce, crab meat, pork, bologna/ham, spicy ham,...etc... It was smelling pretty good after a while. :0) Yui, Preow and Am... I showed them different ways to make dough...like when you let the yeast sit or rise; or like putting the dough in for about 10 min. and then taking it out to put your toppings on so the crust is not so gigantic :0) I think Jeep had the most fun with the left over dough. . . All in all it was a success and time well spent...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never really thought of Pizza as being Italian!

Anonymous said...

so, i read your bit on making pizza and looked at your pictures...and had to make some for myself :)first thing i have cooked in ages....thanks for the encouragement! lol :P

Han

Unknown said...

thinkin' of you lots these days....

Anonymous said...

yay for awesome opportunities. I'm praying for you!