Sunday, July 6, 2008

Patriotic Much????

I don't think I've ever been so dressed up for this day. There is just something about being away from your country that gives you that extra boost of patriotic pride :)
Our 4th of July party was wonderful. We only started after classes around 7:00, 7:30. We started off with some exciting traditional games like
three legged race...
water balloon toss...
bobbing for apples...
and tug of war... I was so shocked that nearly everyone participated willingly. They seemed to have a lot of fun with it all too.
Brooke was able to give her testimony and afterward we allowed for anyone to say something to Brooke, because she was leaving the next day to return to the states. Some of her students came up and said they enjoyed having her; it was a blessing to witness.
We then had our cook-out consisting of hotdogs, rice crispy squares and coke. It was so nice to eat something non-Thai :0)
Remember...6 of these on a motorbike :0)
All in all it was a success and many of the students came. Opal, our team leader was impressed with how many came out. Thank you all for praying.
I was able to make it to a Thai church on Sunday. It was very tiring straining to here the words even of the translater and it was a much livelier service than I'm used to. I won't be attending there every week, but it was nice to see how they worship. I'll probably get involved in an international church here in Thailand. Pray that I would be fed. I was a little discouraged yesterday that I wasn't really fed with the word. Pray I'll find a church family here. Thanks once again for all the prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories and all of your pics. Thanks for keeping us posted. God bless and Keep!!
Adam and Tina Cyr

Anonymous said...

you seem to be roughing it but having a great time doing that also, I do wish you a great 4th of july and continue praying for you ...in Christ, Yvette