Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cultural Frustration

Today was sharing day. Everyday the Centre staff meet together and have a meeting. There are themes for each meeting. Thursdays are sharing days. I set up this blog so that those reading would not only know my adventures, but all that goes with them too. I wanted to share with the rest of you what frustration I have in my heart. Our team leader Opal was talking about a wonderful opportunity we have with one girl named Yui. She was able to sit and talk with Yui about her life. Yui comes from a rough background and we knew as soon as she attended classes at the Centre that she was hurting and looking for affection of some kind. (In case your thinking, "I've heard that name before." You have; she came to the waterfalls with me. There is a picture of her in the post, "Sabboth rest") Sarah, my friend and co-worker, was her teacher and often we all go out together. However, Sarah and I both are so drained after being with Yui. Yui doesn't speakor understand english very well; but she is very clingy and emotional and wants to do things with us all the time. As I shared this morning, Sarah and I are always at odds with spending too much time with Yui. I know I don't want to become someone she is dependent on. I want to point her to the one who can help her...but I don't have the words. The Thai words. It's so frustrating to know the One who can help, but be limited to how we share. I know the Holy Spirit can still work miracles and that Love through action can be enough to lead, but my heart aches each time I realize there is a barrier. Love can break it down, I know, but it takes TIME. I am eager to share the word and eager to share Christ. I need patience and endurance. I don't want Yui to be confused thinking the love that we show her is of ourselves. I want her to know it is of Christ... and that she can know it. If you can imagine yourself seeing someone come to your church who has hurt written all over their face and yet they speak chinese, german, or some other language you don't know; then you can imagine this frustration. My desire is to see people saved, but I know I often get envious of those who can reach in and help, because they know Thai. I'm bearing my heart with you all because I need you to pray. For whatever comes to your mind. Some of you will know exactly what to pray because you've been there. Others of you may be at a loss, but please pray. Pray I would be patient and continue to resonate the love of Christ in my life. Thank you Ephesians 3:20--Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

No comments: