Monday, July 21, 2008

Lost and Found

Thank you all who prayed that I would have a great Lord's Day; the Lord certainly answered. I was able to go to another Thai church in the morning. This church me in a house and was smaller. The worship was all in accappella; it sounded wonderful. I was able to sing in Thai a lot of what we sing in english. The service was translated for us. The pastor preached on Colossians 3 and what we should put on as Christians. My friend and I thought it was very applicable to what we were able to share with each other just days before about working with people in minstry. Then we stayed for Bible Study after the service. We studied about "The Stupid of the Wise," a study about Solomon and pieces of His life. I really enjoyed hearing in the translation how things are described to the Thai people. Nothing much different, but just in things that they could relate to. Afterward, we found out that a girl who'd been attending for some weeks just got saved and was being baptized that day by the waterfalls. The same waterfalls I had been to last Sunday. It was so nice to witness the whole thing and see that the place I found sabbath rest at was now going to be remembered this way in someone's life and those who were around. Praise the Lord, this women came to Christ, and wished to proclaim it. She was lost and now is found. This is the woman who was babtized and the man who baptized her is leaving for Houston in a few days to study for his pastoral degree. Later that day, I went to a church that some other SIM missionaries go to. The service is at 4:15. I loved just being in a church again and hearing familiar songs. Every week there is a different worship team, and this week they had hyms and a quartet leading. I felt right at home. The service there is larger, but it was just so neat to be in an international church. There were so many other missionaries and countries represented there. It's sort of like going to a missions conference every week :0) I heard from one lady who had been in Equador around the time Nate Saint and those four other men were killed. This lady had been responsible for translating the book of Matthew for some of the Ketchua (spelling??? sorry) people. She was in Thailand tracing some family history for a month. Anyway, I just want to thank you so much for praying that I'd find a church. I'll be attending this church every Sunday evening and still be hoping around for an english service in the morning.

No comments: