Saturday, November 22, 2008

Food in my Backyard

At the end of Oct. beginning of Nov. there was a huge food fair in my backyard. I could come out every night to eat Chiang Mai's best food :0) There are just rows and rows of stalls to buy food.
I couldn't get the greatest picture of all the bikes but imagine this picture X 500. There were bikes everywhere.
This is a picture of the food court. It was loud and crowded, but the best was yet to come ;0)
Don't worry, this was not it. Anybody hungry??? Not exactly grilled to perfection
Some Chicken and Thai dishes....of course like any fair the prices were a little off the wall.
Fried chicken leg, fried chicken breast, fried popcorn spicy chicken...fried chicken fat....oh yes, there is nothing wasted in Thailand...even the fat is a appreciated :0p Have I emphasized "fried" enough, becuase you really don't know Thailand until you know this word.
ahh, something familiar...well I think...
So it was quite dissapointing to find only one ride...but I can't complain...it is called a food fair. Every one only goes to a fair for the great food anyway right?? Besides, even this ride looked a little shady...
You should have seen this in person...they looked like cages. They reminded me of the really old horror flicks with abandoned fair grounds. As much as I love fairus wheels...I opted out on this one.
But they had great games. I have to be honest, I have never played a single game at a fair. I've always been too busy enjoying the rides and using the most of the fifteen dollor Bracelet Night. So this was my first fair I "'stepped' right up." The darts were my favorite :0)
Ok so before when I mentioned the bikes...well there are people riding those bikes, sometimes three at a time...in other words, there were a lot of people.
I swear the cans were weighted.
Well, after the upteenth try and too much baht(money) later I returned to the house, wagging my snake behind me. What can I say...beginners luck.

No comments: