Monday, December 22, 2008

I'll be 'here' for Christmas

My family for Christmas: Jen, Ya, Max, Me, (uncooperative) Gracie, Aon and Sammy
Well, Christmas will be a bit different for me this year. For one thing there will be no snow which is just totally weird. For another, I’ll be away from my family for the first time during this time of year. Pray that I wouldn’t get too homesick. I thank the Lord for technology and the fact I can call home from a computer for about 2 cents a minute. :0) Also I’m truly blessed to have my friend Jen here from California who has generously opened her home to me for the rest of my time here. I moved in on Thanks-giving Day and will be able to celebrate Christmas in a home. Tomorrow we celebrate with two Thai Friends, Aon and Ya who are over all the time and really complete the family feeling. So I’ll be ‘here’ for Christmas. Pray for us as this is the first Christmas in Thailand for both of us. We'll have a nice breakfast out, open presents after, (I have a Christmas lunch with SIM friends) and then back with the girls for the evening to celebrate Ya's birthday. Pray for us as Jen and I would really like to make this Christmas special for Aon and Ya. They both know the Lord and so we're thankful that the greatest gift they've already received, but Christmas is not a traditional celebration for Thai's so we really want part of our home come to Thailand. Merry Christmas to all of you. I hope you have a wonderful holiday celebrating our Saviours birth. From Thailand, We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

No comments: