Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"The Heat is on Agnus!"

Ok so my original plan was to take tons of pictures on my trip to the boarder but for some reason I forgot to. Oh well, I have three more trips to take to the boarder. Basically I traveled three and a half hours to walk across a bridge into Burma...get another stamp in my passport and walk back. Most people take time to shop on that side but I didn't really care to shop that day. Anyway no pictures were taken. But I did get to stop somewhere else... Oh, by the way, this blog is dedicated or in honor of a friend of mine back home who is renown for her pies. Well, I just want Agnus to know that the heat is on. On the way back from the boarder run, inbetween Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai, we stopped at a great place. It's like a resort place that you can rent a cabin for sometime for some R&R. But it was what was in the place that really caught all our attention. yeah what'd I tell ya...Opal (driver) had been here once before and fell in love with it...can you blame her?... Coconut Cream Pecan....my favorite by far... Some Banana somem' somem'... An apple dumpling...which I've never actually seen or tasted...I was facinated really :)) All I could think of was Doc on snow white, and how he studders to say apple dumpling, "dapple lumpling." Agnus, I want you to know I didn't actually try any kind that I've tried from you. I didn't want to compare. I had a pecan and coconut cream to go...I refused to try the apple pie and others you've made and I've tasted :)) I also wouldn't go near the cheesecake, because of course everyone knows that my brother makes the best. :)) I do wish my dad had been there...he has the same appreciation for variety in food that I do. I know had he been there, we would have ordered a sliver of every kind and tried them all :0) The rest of the pics are just scenes from the campground itself. Beautiful!

No comments: